Supreme KTV, Far East Shopping Centre Ken WeChat Banner SingThai Line Stickers, Tryst Teerak, Club Tryst, Teerak
Uber, Grabtaxi, Singapore SingThai Shirt, Rubba, I feel like pablo, kanye west, yeezy

OUR MOTTO & DISCLAIMER: ONE MAN'S PRATA, IS ANOTHER MAN'S PIZZA.

ONE MAN'S MEAT, IS ANOTHER MAN'S POISON.

January 23, 2018, 03:14:29 AM

Author Topic: Joo Chiat Pubs  (Read 14474 times)

Offline Stonistic

• Virgin Housefly
  • Gong Tao Karma +39/-1
Re: Joo Chiat Pubs
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2014, 07:13:10 PM »
Went to JC recently, seems like the place is getting quieter. Saw mata raiding 2 pubs last Thursday and abt 10-20gals up lorry. And heard on Friday they went around checking license and passports of gals. I guess they want to remove all the pubs there and maybe build a library since the residents there like peace and quietness...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 07:55:52 PM by Stonistic »

Offline Wind in my breath

• THAI LANGUAGE TEACHER
  • Gong Tao No More!
  • Gong Tao Karma +72/-5
  • Thai language noob
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2014, 08:42:12 PM »
Went to JC recently, seems like the place is getting quieter. Saw mata raiding 2 pubs last Thursday and abt 10-20gals up lorry. And heard on Friday they went around checking license and passports of gals. I guess they want to remove all the pubs there and maybe build a library since the residents there like peace and quietness...

Remove the pubs and build a library there? This would really be darn funny. I cannot imagine this happening in JC. Haha! I'm not sure exactly how it works. But my impression is that the government has a masterplan for plots in certain areas that are designated for specific purposes eg. residential, commercial... It will take some time for them to change the policy and won't happen in the blink of an eye. The raids are on-going throughout the year. Guess there is nothing new to it. But the poor girls will be sent back and probably banned from entering for some time. 
Not interested in TDs. Do not jio.

Offline OK Mai?

• Gong Tao Exorcist
  • Gong Tao Caster!
  • Gong Tao Karma +146/-7
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2014, 09:33:31 PM »
Without these "places" in JC that stretch will probly be dead town at night.... and less enticing for resident uncles to go for a night "stroll"......will that be better? I don't think so....especially for those late night eateries... anyway I been hearing talk about cleaning the place up donkey years ago .... well I guess "it takes time" .... ;)
You can live like as if everyday is your last day on earth but u can't spend like there's no tomorrow :P

SingThaiDisco_V2

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2014, 09:33:31 PM »

Offline deuter

• Gong Tao Kult
  • Min Seon Yeh
  • Gong Tao Karma +337/-85
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2014, 12:03:40 AM »
they have already stopped issuing licences for night entertainment and those currently still in JC would not be able to renew their licenses anymore....

think they gonna revamp JC into more of a historical area.... JC is supposedly quite a Peranakan area....
A bus station is where a bus stops.
A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk, I have a work station....
What more can I say......

Offline Stonistic

• Virgin Housefly
  • Gong Tao Karma +39/-1
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2014, 06:40:18 AM »
I think JC will probably go the way of Duxton. Both used to be fun places with concentration of pubs but always kena complained by residents. So, the authorities now started raiding those places, take away the license and refuses to issue new ones. Nowadays, it is getting quieter and quieter. Sooner or later, it will be going going gone.. 555

Offline sazabi

• Virgin Housefly
  • Gong Tao Karma +34/-0
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2014, 08:33:11 AM »
Not to worry, Viet joints are slowly opening up around the Golden Mile vicinity.  ;D

SingThaiDisco_V2

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2014, 08:33:11 AM »
MYR1 = THB | SGD1 = THB | USD1 = THB
Currency data courtesy coinmill.com

Namecheap.com

180K pageviews a month. Email us > admin at singthaidisco dot com.

Offline Chan JohnTan

• Gay Flower Boy
  • Gong Tao Karma +3/-1
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2014, 03:21:15 AM »
Hi all. anyone here went to Agun before? Shld b quite famous...

Offline MDK

• Gay Flower Boy
  • Gong Tao Karma +5/-0
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2014, 10:34:09 AM »
Hi all. anyone here went to Agun before? Shld b quite famous...

Yes i have been to this place before but that was many years back. It's quite far behind at the back of those pubs and it's near to katong side... i would say not as famous as those pubs in front like bunker, club v, pebbles & 155 in my opinion.

Siam Religious Banner