Supreme KTV, Far East Shopping Centre Ken WeChat Banner SingThai Line Stickers, Tryst Teerak, Club Tryst, Teerak
Uber, Grabtaxi, Singapore SingThai Shirt, Rubba, I feel like pablo, kanye west, yeezy

OUR MOTTO & DISCLAIMER: ONE MAN'S PRATA, IS ANOTHER MAN'S PIZZA.

ONE MAN'S MEAT, IS ANOTHER MAN'S POISON.

January 18, 2018, 06:50:25 PM

Author Topic: How many incense sticks do I need to light up?  (Read 3585 times)

CarrotHead

How many incense sticks do I need to light up?
« on: May 26, 2013, 08:10:55 AM »
Deceased person or ghost - 1 incense stick
Guardian spirit - 2 incense sticks
Buddha - 3 incense sticks (For triple gems, Lord Buddha, Dharma and Sangha)
Kings of Thailand, Mae Nang Kwak - 5 incense sticks
Brahma (Phra Phrom) and Phra Arthit (Sun) - 7 incense sticks
Hindu Gods and Goddesses - 8 incense sticks
Thepharak (the spirit who live in tree or wood nymph), Phra Pikanet - 9 incense sticks
Chinese gods/deities - 10 incense sticks
Rahu - 10 black incense sticks
Mae Kwan Im - 12 incense sticks
Gods and Goddesses in master level. Moreover, when you want to invite gods and goddesses should lighten 16 incense sticks too. - 16 incense sticks
10 deities around the world - 19 incense sticks
Invite deities from north, east, west and south of the world. - 32 incense sticks

However, some amulets have specified the number of incense sticks to worship that depend of creator or method. Also, it can be personal preferences that how many sticks of incense should be lit up. Taking an example, when I went to Erawan Shrine to pray to Phra Phrom, the counter issued me 12 incense sticks. So, a simple calculation will be 3 sticks of incense per direction. But, from this article, it says 7 incense sticks for Phra Phrom. So, I presume this is for Phra Phrom statues with a main incense holder. Please take this a general reference only. If in doubt, consult the monks or attendants from that temple.

Siam Religious Banner