Supreme KTV, Far East Shopping Centre Ken WeChat Banner SingThai Line Stickers, Tryst Teerak, Club Tryst, Teerak
Uber, Grabtaxi, Singapore SingThai Shirt, Rubba, I feel like pablo, kanye west, yeezy

OUR MOTTO & DISCLAIMER: ONE MAN'S PRATA, IS ANOTHER MAN'S PIZZA.

ONE MAN'S MEAT, IS ANOTHER MAN'S POISON.

December 11, 2017, 04:17:18 AM

Author Topic: Need help translating thai sentence  (Read 2367 times)

Offline Wind in my breath

• THAI LANGUAGE TEACHER
  • Gong Tao No More!
  • Gong Tao Karma +72/-5
  • Thai language noob
Re: Need help translating thai sentence
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2015, 08:28:54 AM »
I did a quick google search on "จนหลับ" but it did not yield any similar entries. Could it be that those words were purposely written to confound a non-Thai who can read so that the message is hidden? :o
Not interested in TDs. Do not jio.

Offline Wind in my breath

• THAI LANGUAGE TEACHER
  • Gong Tao No More!
  • Gong Tao Karma +72/-5
  • Thai language noob
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2015, 08:31:34 AM »
and i think there's nothing wrong with the spelling of funky villa...
thai ppl DO pronounce it as "faaaangkee" they don't say "fan-kee"
so im 99% sure person A is saying funky villa.

I haven't been cheonging with young Thais so I don't really know. ;D
Not interested in TDs. Do not jio.

Offline chaos_pk

• Gay Flower Boy
  • Gong Tao Karma +10/-0
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2015, 08:36:18 AM »
bro wind. so my thai friend said that's their swapping letter. like in english we might type "oh realli" instead "oh really". we can generally agree in this case rap is actually lap which means sleep.
'it' can be short for 'jealous' or 'tired' but i think in this context 'tired' would make more sense. unless we know the sentences before and the flow of the conversation.

อิดโรย http://www.thai2english.com/dictionary/1455574.html
อิจฉาอิด http://www.thai2english.com/dictionary/1455553.html

Interesting point on the interchangeability of 'r' and 'l'. It's the first time I hear of such a reverse way of writing or pronunciation. It's usually proper words that have 'r' that gets switched to 'l' eg. อร่อย => อล่อย. Perhaps the younger generation of Thais have come up with another creative to murder the language. ;D Frankly, I don't really understand such a way of writing Thai. Too hard to guess. The only way to know is to ask those guys who wrote the words.

yeah like u said "ah roi" becomes "ah loi"... "krap" becomes "kap"... "ror" becomes "lor".
but you're right that's interesting~ now that u mentioned it... R usually becomes L but not the other way around.
yea this is the not so straight forward to learn part of thai language... the colloquial way of saying things.

SingThaiDisco_V2

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2015, 08:36:18 AM »

Siam Religious Banner