Supreme KTV, Far East Shopping Centre Ken WeChat Banner SingThai Line Stickers, Tryst Teerak, Club Tryst, Teerak
Uber, Grabtaxi, Singapore SingThai Shirt, Rubba, I feel like pablo, kanye west, yeezy

OUR MOTTO & DISCLAIMER: ONE MAN'S PRATA, IS ANOTHER MAN'S PIZZA.

ONE MAN'S MEAT, IS ANOTHER MAN'S POISON.

February 23, 2018, 07:20:07 PM

Author Topic: attachment  (Read 15255 times)

Offline astreal

• Drunk Flower Boy
  • Gong Tao Karma +12/-0
    • Email
Re: Singaporeans Working/Retired in BKK thread
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 01:21:22 AM »
I have been working in Thailand for 4 years now. I am loving it but have seen many people got burned out.

Some advise i could give regarding career:

1.Don't come Thailand looking for a job and hoping to find one, chances is you won't find one, even if you do, it would be something of a dead end job.

2.Get send over as an expat and negotiate hard and well, taxes here are relatively high compared to Singapore, pending on your wage level. Mine is like 30% therefore it is extremely important you have your company take care of the taxes, driver, accommodation, flight benefits etc before signing on the dotted line.

3. Learn proper business Thai language. Your nightlife Thai language is only meant for nightlife. Most Thai people are quick to judge people, especially people you have to do business with. You have to learn to be different people in different scenarios in order to be successful.   

4. Focus on your career, family first. The nightlife should only play a tiny part of your life. I have personally seen people destroying their career because of the nightlife. There is more to Bangkok/Thailand than just the night life.

5. Thai culture is different, we are guest of their country therefore we should adapt to them and make the best of the situation. Many long term expats can't stop whining how bad it is here cause they keep comparing to their home country. Thailand is uniquely Thailand, there is no where else like it.

Offline OK Mai?

• Gong Tao Exorcist
  • Gong Tao Caster!
  • Gong Tao Karma +146/-7
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 04:37:55 AM »
I have been working in Thailand for 4 years now. I am loving it but have seen many people got burned out.

Thanks for the insight..... :) Mind sharing what/why u loving it?  ;D
You can live like as if everyday is your last day on earth but u can't spend like there's no tomorrow :P

Offline astreal

• Drunk Flower Boy
  • Gong Tao Karma +12/-0
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 11:05:35 AM »
It's just me and might not be for everyone else, i like the fact that everything is not so restrictive. You can buy the boys in brown off etc etc... You can have a temple beside a sleazy KTV.

Plainly put it, organized chaos. Everything seem so chaotic but yet there is a system to it. It might not be the most effective or beautiful but it's their style and culture. Hate it or love it, that is the Thai charm that has hook a million visitors every year

SingThaiDisco_V2

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 11:05:35 AM »

Offline OK Mai?

• Gong Tao Exorcist
  • Gong Tao Caster!
  • Gong Tao Karma +146/-7
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 10:28:18 PM »
It's just me and might not be for everyone else, i like the fact that everything is not so restrictive. You can buy the boys in brown off etc etc... You can have a temple beside a sleazy KTV.

Plainly put it, organized chaos. Everything seem so chaotic but yet there is a system to it. It might not be the most effective or beautiful but it's their style and culture. Hate it or love it, that is the Thai charm that has hook a million visitors every year

555...Thanks for the insight again....i guess what u described cannot be fully comprehend until one is there to experience it.... i think most sg people wouldn't be able to accept it.... need a big n forgiving heart to live there i guess...  :)
You can live like as if everyday is your last day on earth but u can't spend like there's no tomorrow :P

Offline 2017

• STD
  • Chief Gong Tao Counsellor
  • Gong Tao Karma +1167/-1000
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2013, 04:19:02 AM »

bro gtk to u!!

I do love the organized chaos too... there is order in the disorder. which is amazing in a way. this is one of the interesting facets of their society. it is quite a free flow culture.

this thread has been made a sticky. I think this is what makes this forum useful. interesting insights and useful advice that you will not get elsewhere.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 04:21:01 AM by admin*xposed »

Offline 2017

• STD
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2013, 04:20:14 AM »

Thanks for the insight..... :) Mind sharing what/why u loving it?  ;D

I think what Bro OK Mai wants to ask ... is what industry or profession are u in. :)

On the other hand, we can list local companies which have presence in Thailand. Hence a local can increase his or her chance of being hired at a good or adequate pay?

1. UOB
2. Singapore Embassy or MFA (might need to be scholar)
3. Banyan Tree (but they are actually established Thai Chinese to begin with)
4. RSAF Korat  (sign on, regular)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 04:38:47 AM by admin*xposed »

SingThaiDisco_V2

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2013, 04:20:14 AM »
MYR1 = THB | SGD1 = THB | USD1 = THB
Currency data courtesy coinmill.com

Namecheap.com

180K pageviews a month. Email us > admin at singthaidisco dot com.

Offline KiLrOy

• Gong Tao Caster!
  • Gong Tao Karma +33/-91
Re: How to Work & Retire in BKK
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2013, 04:31:13 AM »
Order in Disorder equal to CORRUPTION lor. That's what I think of as an example. 

Disorder in Order equal to ROBBERY. 555!

Offline 2017

• STD
Re: How to Work & Retire in BKK
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2013, 04:37:51 AM »
No la...

IMHO its about the harmony in the disorder of society. :)

You analogy is like saying Singapore is not corrupt... but the system has legalised corruption.

Siam Religious Banner