Supreme KTV, Far East Shopping Centre Ken WeChat Banner SingThai Line Stickers, Tryst Teerak, Club Tryst, Teerak
Uber, Grabtaxi, Singapore SingThai Shirt, Rubba, I feel like pablo, kanye west, yeezy

OUR MOTTO & DISCLAIMER: ONE MAN'S PRATA, IS ANOTHER MAN'S PIZZA.

ONE MAN'S MEAT, IS ANOTHER MAN'S POISON.

January 23, 2018, 03:16:09 AM

Author Topic: attachment  (Read 15048 times)

Offline aiax

• Horny Housefly
  • Gong Tao Karma +24/-0
Re: How to Work & Retire in BKK
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2013, 05:11:02 AM »
No la...

IMHO its about the harmony in the disorder of society. :)

You analogy is like saying Singapore is not corrupt... but the system has legalised corruption.

similar to communist democracy..

Offline 2017

• STD
  • Chief Gong Tao Counsellor
  • Gong Tao Karma +1167/-1000
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2013, 07:22:58 AM »
u talking about sg??? lets stick to original topic.

sorry for going a bit off course.

Offline ◩ngoh◪

• Gong Tao No More!
  • Gong Tao Karma +210/-87
  • BKK/HCMC
    • http://www.nothingbettertodo.net
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2013, 01:07:41 PM »
may i take your order please?

SingThaiDisco_V2

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2013, 01:07:41 PM »

Offline OK Mai?

• Gong Tao Exorcist
  • Gong Tao Caster!
  • Gong Tao Karma +146/-7
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2013, 11:04:28 PM »
No la...

You analogy is like saying Singapore is not corrupt... but the system has legalised corruption.

Sorry side track abit...  :)

Im responding with the assumption what you stated above as something you don't agree upon... :)

Well it depends on how you look at it.....like PM Lee said..don't be a one eye dragon...... like for example I give corporate customers mooncake, they return appreciation by giving me a small order (for illustration sake)....you can choose to see it as a normal way of life (which has been going on for the longest time) or you can summon all your conspiracy theory know how and justified it as corporate bribery...condemning it to the deepest level of hell (normally somehow will also be using it to relate to how our government work as well and probly at the same time claiming sg to be too restrictive  ;D)

My point is ...yes ..many things are going on....you can see it as for the greater good....or forces of evil at work...or as I call it.... necessary evil as a mean to an end....like many people in our neighbouring countries openly does and, I suspect, preferred too..(this system seems to work for them 8))

Of cos, to each his own perspective...just presenting mine ...no offence intended  ;D
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 11:09:32 PM by OK Mai? »
You can live like as if everyday is your last day on earth but u can't spend like there's no tomorrow :P

Offline 2017

• STD
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2013, 02:49:39 AM »
 :o :o :o

now i only give people GRAND HYATT ERAWAN MOONCAKE. Blessed by 4 face buddha downstairs. :)

Ok lets stick to original topic. Retirement in LOS!

Offline astreal

• Drunk Flower Boy
  • Gong Tao Karma +12/-0
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2013, 11:00:54 AM »
No la...

similar to communist democracy..

What you say is very true, in Singapore Ah gong is the House, and the house always has to win.

In Thailand, if you are street smart enough, flexible enough, know your place ,know when to seized opportunity and finally the most important one, not to be too greedy, you can benefit from the corruption.

SingThaiDisco_V2

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2013, 11:00:54 AM »
MYR1 = THB | SGD1 = THB | USD1 = THB
Currency data courtesy coinmill.com

Namecheap.com

180K pageviews a month. Email us > admin at singthaidisco dot com.

Offline astreal

• Drunk Flower Boy
  • Gong Tao Karma +12/-0
    • Email
Re: Singaporeans Working/Retired in BKK thread
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2013, 11:13:17 AM »
I have been working in Thailand for 4 years now. I am loving it but have seen many people got burned out.

Thanks for the insight..... :) Mind sharing what/why u loving it?  ;D

I think what Bro OK Mai wants to ask ... is what industry or profession are u in. :)

On the other hand, we can list local companies which have presence in Thailand. Hence a local can increase his or her chance of being hired at a good or adequate pay?

1. UOB
2. Singapore Embassy or MFA (might need to be scholar)
3. Banyan Tree (but they are actually established Thai Chinese to begin with)
4. RSAF Korat  (sign on, regular)

I am in the medical industry, actually you don't have to work in a Singapore company to get a job in Bangkok.

The main reason many MNC employ foreign talent is to instill a certain work culture and DNA into their operation in Thailand. Thai senior management is very one dimensional, their management style is pretty autocratic.

Just my 2 cents worth:
Work hard and build your profile
Learn to converse in proper Thai

Life is hard to predict but fortunes always favors the brave  ;)

Offline 2017

• STD
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2013, 02:36:48 AM »

What you say is very true, in Singapore Ah gong is the House, and the house always has to win.

In Thailand, if you are street smart enough, flexible enough, know your place ,know when to seized opportunity and finally the most important one, not to be too greedy, you can benefit from the corruption.

I cant say i know Thailand well...

I think in most bigger countries... where there is less government regulation and control... or even if you dare say protection for consumers... it is easier to make money...

ie... now on airbnb the local rentals are being banned. i rem last time when i went to new zealand, one guy rented out his condo to us as hotel to use. and roll the money forward.

here hdb all controlled still.

but cause sg is smaller...

Siam Religious Banner