Supreme KTV, Far East Shopping Centre Ken WeChat Banner SingThai Line Stickers, Tryst Teerak, Club Tryst, Teerak
Uber, Grabtaxi, Singapore SingThai Shirt, Rubba, I feel like pablo, kanye west, yeezy

OUR MOTTO & DISCLAIMER: ONE MAN'S PRATA, IS ANOTHER MAN'S PIZZA.

ONE MAN'S MEAT, IS ANOTHER MAN'S POISON.

January 22, 2018, 05:26:27 PM

Author Topic: Setting up company in Bangkok  (Read 4193 times)

Offline astreal

• Drunk Flower Boy
  • Gong Tao Karma +12/-0
    • Email
Re: Setting up company in Bangkok
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 12:06:59 AM »
I am thinking... if do a mobile app, that involves funds transfer to Thailand, is it feasible to use Paypal? From online information, Paypal seems to be used in Thailand, not sure how frequently a normal girl in Bangkok or Korat will use it differently?

Thailand now has a booming internet shopping industry and most people just use normal bank transfer, including me.  ;D

There is a company who is aggressively advertising its service which is like Paypal called Paysafe.

Offline 2017

• STD
  • Chief Gong Tao Counsellor
  • Gong Tao Karma +1167/-1000
Re: Setting up company in Bangkok & money transfer
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 04:45:27 AM »
Thanks for your input. I am looking at Paysafe.

How you all usually send money to yor teerak? Send via Western Union? I see Western Union at Golden Mile.

Offline Wind in my breath

• THAI LANGUAGE TEACHER
  • Gong Tao No More!
  • Gong Tao Karma +72/-5
  • Thai language noob
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2014, 09:55:08 AM »
1. How best to setup company? And how to pay this programmer? Open UOB bank account? Minimum amount?

You need company registration 2 million baht capital paid to revenue department as a form of guarantee , VAT registration and foreigners can't own a company fully, the board of directors need to 51% Thai, 49 % foreigners. Alternatively you can do a joint venture with a Thai company. You need 2 thai employees for the first year and 4 subsequently in order for you to get your work permit and non immigrant b visa. You need a both work permit and visa irregardless if you station in Thailand or not as you need a director with the right paper work to sign for all documents. Unless you decide to add a Thai to be one of the director. There are companies that can assist with all your business setup but expect to pay 200,000THB to 250,000THB for their services. Kind of expensive but for non thai speaking investor, they hardly have a choice.

wow 2million is quite a lot... board of directors still need to be Thai.

It does not seem to be easy to hire Thais. Have to find workarounds for freelancers...

Although the law states that the majority of shareholders must be Thai, there are ways to overcome this problem.  ;)
Not interested in TDs. Do not jio.

SingThaiDisco_V2

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2014, 09:55:08 AM »

Siam Religious Banner