Supreme KTV, Far East Shopping Centre Ken WeChat Banner SingThai Line Stickers, Tryst Teerak, Club Tryst, Teerak
Uber, Grabtaxi, Singapore SingThai Shirt, Rubba, I feel like pablo, kanye west, yeezy

OUR MOTTO & DISCLAIMER: ONE MAN'S PRATA, IS ANOTHER MAN'S PIZZA.

ONE MAN'S MEAT, IS ANOTHER MAN'S POISON.

January 22, 2018, 05:27:05 PM

Author Topic: Need advice  (Read 3682 times)

Offline tommy838

• Thai Disco Monk
  • Gong Tao Karma +0/-0
Need advice
« on: May 08, 2014, 11:55:01 AM »
Hi,

My girl was ban to enter spore due some to case. As now i'm arranging to fly her over to ROM in spore.

Can anyone advice me on this issue? shld i go look for MP get appeal letter and head to ICA?

CarrotHead

Re: Need advice
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 08:08:31 PM »
Hi,

My girl was ban to enter spore due some to case. As now i'm arranging to fly her over to ROM in spore.

Can anyone advice me on this issue? shld i go look for MP get appeal letter and head to ICA?
What is your actual situation now, Bro? If your spouse-to-be is an existing Work Permit holder or last held a Work Permit to work in Singapore, you should only register with ROM after the Controller of Work Passes has granted approval for your marriage. If you proceed to get married without approval from the Controller of Work Passes, your spouse would have infringed the Conditions of Work Permit and risks not being able to enter Singapore for a period of time. Safer bet to check with both Ministry Of Manpower or Immigration and Checkpoints Authority.

Offline tommy838

• Thai Disco Monk
  • Gong Tao Karma +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 10:25:12 PM »
Hi Bro,

She was caught working during her stay in spore. So was inform by ICA that she's ban to come in spore for 1yr.
As now i'm planning to ROM with her in spore. As my side i will get ROM letter date to prove. What shld I do or any bro here have similar experience as me?

SingThaiDisco_V2

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 10:25:12 PM »

Offline OK Mai?

• Gong Tao Exorcist
  • Gong Tao Caster!
  • Gong Tao Karma +146/-7
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 10:48:39 PM »
Why don't you go down to ICA personally and request to speak to an officer 1st?.... Take it step by step... bring all copies of yours and her IDs and a letter explaining your situation to go with... you need to clear the first hurdle of getting her in before u can do anything else.... for that u probly need some form of a written confirmation from ICA allowing her to enter SG ... if ICA says no... then u go MP.... pester them for a solution... it might take some time but u gotta be patient ... ICA is the big boss here ...ROM don't really care one as long as shes not here illegally.... their take is you can marry no prob but for her to stay or not its really up to the Big Boss  :D

note: do remember to note down names of officer you spoke to n time n date be it on phone or in person so you have someone to quote later... ;D

That's what I do if I were u ....  :)
You can live like as if everyday is your last day on earth but u can't spend like there's no tomorrow :P

Offline tommy838

• Thai Disco Monk
  • Gong Tao Karma +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 11:19:52 PM »
Hi Bro,

Thanks for all ur advice. As i'm also confused what is the procedure. Cause I've read some bro mention here about same experience.

http://www.singthaidisco.com/forums/general-helpdesk-logistics-worries/refused-entry-into-sg-from-jb-in-nov-can-come-now/14/

Offline Wind in my breath

• THAI LANGUAGE TEACHER
  • Gong Tao No More!
  • Gong Tao Karma +72/-5
  • Thai language noob
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 11:26:32 PM »
Why don't you go down to ICA personally and request to speak to an officer 1st?.... Take it step by step... bring all copies of yours and her IDs and a letter explaining your situation to go with... you need to clear the first hurdle of getting her in before u can do anything else.... for that u probly need some form of a written confirmation from ICA allowing her to enter SG ... if ICA says no... then u go MP.... pester them for a solution... it might take some time but u gotta be patient ... ICA is the big boss here ...ROM don't really care one as long as shes not here illegally.... their take is you can marry no prob but for her to stay or not its really up to the Big Boss  :D

note: do remember to note down names of officer you spoke to n time n date be it on phone or in person so you have someone to quote later... ;D

That's what I do if I were u ....  :)

This is a good idea if you want to be certain if your gal can enter Sgp. Check with them to see if she is really banned from coming for a year. There should be documentation from ICA and your gal should have it as well. It could be a letter from the authorities, or perhaps a stamp on her passport. If she is banned for working, then imho, visiting the MP will not help because it is law. The MP cannot 'change' the immigration law to suit the individual. If so, it's better to wait out for that 1 year to pass and then get her over before you ROM.   
Not interested in TDs. Do not jio.

SingThaiDisco_V2

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 11:26:32 PM »
MYR1 = THB | SGD1 = THB | USD1 = THB
Currency data courtesy coinmill.com

Namecheap.com

180K pageviews a month. Email us > admin at singthaidisco dot com.

Offline OK Mai?

• Gong Tao Exorcist
  • Gong Tao Caster!
  • Gong Tao Karma +146/-7
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 11:42:01 PM »
Hi Bro,

Thanks for all ur advice. As i'm also confused what is the procedure. Cause I've read some bro mention here about same experience.

http://www.singthaidisco.com/forums/general-helpdesk-logistics-worries/refused-entry-into-sg-from-jb-in-nov-can-come-now/14/

That thread also says the same ..... best to go down ICA speak to someone.... they will have to give u an answer.... yes? then ok.... no? then ask how to become yes... basically ask until it become a Yes... of cos in between u may have to do some legwork see MP or what... may be abit frustrating but u gotta endure....and u better hope shes worth it....555...  :D
You can live like as if everyday is your last day on earth but u can't spend like there's no tomorrow :P

CarrotHead

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 11:49:30 PM »
Hi Bro,

She was caught working during her stay in spore. So was inform by ICA that she's ban to come in spore for 1yr.
As now i'm planning to ROM with her in spore. As my side i will get ROM letter date to prove. What shld I do or any bro here have similar experience as me?

In my humble opinion, I will suggest you wait until her ban in Singapore is lifted. Then, I guess you have to appeal to MOM because she was caught working in Singapore. Probably a few times appeal before your case might be successful. But, also no guarantee. There was a case study about a guy waiting to marry his girlfriend. He waited for 4 years with more than 20 unsuccessful appeals to MOM. MOM will generally assess about your current financial standings. That is, your job and monthly salary etc. In other words, whether you can afford to upkeep your spouse in future. Your date of ROM stipulated in the letter does not mean anything because the fact is that she was caught working in Singapore illegally. Furthermore, she cannot come back to Singapore now. How is she going to register marriage with you? Frankly speaking, even if her ban is lifted, I think she will have problems with ICA in future too. Maybe, you and her can wait till she can gain entry to Singapore again. Try not to register marriage in Thailand if possible. The legislation in Thailand might be more biased towards foreigners like us. Maybe other Bros will like to chip in their thoughts too. Anyway, good luck to you. ::)

Siam Religious Banner