Supreme KTV, Far East Shopping Centre Ken WeChat Banner SingThai Line Stickers, Tryst Teerak, Club Tryst, Teerak
Uber, Grabtaxi, Singapore SingThai Shirt, Rubba, I feel like pablo, kanye west, yeezy

OUR MOTTO & DISCLAIMER: ONE MAN'S PRATA, IS ANOTHER MAN'S PIZZA.

ONE MAN'S MEAT, IS ANOTHER MAN'S POISON.

January 22, 2018, 05:29:48 PM

Author Topic: Buying medicine and medical treament in Thailand  (Read 1143 times)

Offline 2017

• STD
  • Chief Gong Tao Counsellor
  • Gong Tao Karma +1167/-1000
Buying medicine and medical treament in Thailand
« on: May 03, 2016, 02:41:07 PM »
@Chao Choo was the forumer who told me that I could buy antibiotics in Bangkok at a pharmacist without prescription. Thank you for his advice. I went to D Drugstore at Thonglor to buy Amoxycilin for sore throat. The pharmacist also recommended Clindamycin for my acne. The Singapore polyclinics are usually reluctant to give Amoxycilin, even if you BEG them. They also prescribe a less effective Doxycycline for acne.

Anyone has any experience? I think it is brilliant that we can buy such drugs offline. The pharmacist also has a good knowledge of drugs and treatment, I guess even better than doctors. The flipside is that Thailand might feed their chicken and livestock with unhealthy antibiotics. It is said that eating chickens which have taken high antibiotics are not good.

Or you have knowledge of cheap HIV and other interesting drugs? I have read about the cheaper Bangkok alternative on the gay forums.

The pharmacist's phone number is 02-7149788, I cannot read Thai. He works at the D Drugstore at friendly neighbourhood Thonglor.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 02:43:20 PM by 2015 »

Offline 2017

• STD
Re: Buying medicine and medical treament in Thailand
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 02:48:25 PM »
I have also seeked treatment at Thai public hospitals. It is exactly like what you see in the movies, with a moderately long waiting time at old premises. The treatment is cheap, very cheap, at less than $10 for an Xray and consultation. There is no Davinkah treating me though. :P

! No longer available

Offline Wind in my breath

• THAI LANGUAGE TEACHER
  • Gong Tao No More!
  • Gong Tao Karma +72/-5
  • Thai language noob
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 07:56:33 PM »
I have been to a private hospital in Bangkok once. It is surreal to see a security guard at the lift who salutes you and presses the life button for you. At another time when I accompanied some friends to another private hospital, the wait was not very long and not as crowded as our local polyclinics. That was several years ago, so maybe times have changed.
Not interested in TDs. Do not jio.

SingThaiDisco_V2

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 07:56:33 PM »

Offline 2017

• STD
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 10:09:12 PM »
I have been to a private hospital in Bangkok once. It is surreal to see a security guard at the lift who salutes you and presses the life button for you. At another time when I accompanied some friends to another private hospital, the wait was not very long and not as crowded as our local polyclinics. That was several years ago, so maybe times have changed.

Just like the movies right, the private hospital des not have that a long queue.

Offline Wind in my breath

• THAI LANGUAGE TEACHER
  • Gong Tao No More!
  • Gong Tao Karma +72/-5
  • Thai language noob
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 11:16:22 PM »
Ya Bro 2015. Hahaha!
Not interested in TDs. Do not jio.

Siam Religious Banner