Supreme KTV, Far East Shopping Centre Ken WeChat Banner SingThai Line Stickers, Tryst Teerak, Club Tryst, Teerak
Uber, Grabtaxi, Singapore SingThai Shirt, Rubba, I feel like pablo, kanye west, yeezy

OUR MOTTO & DISCLAIMER: ONE MAN'S PRATA, IS ANOTHER MAN'S PIZZA.

ONE MAN'S MEAT, IS ANOTHER MAN'S POISON.

February 23, 2018, 06:59:51 PM

Author Topic: Advice for marriage in thailand  (Read 5848 times)

Offline tommy838

• Thai Disco Monk
  • Gong Tao Karma +0/-0
Advice for marriage in thailand
« on: August 05, 2014, 09:09:49 AM »
Hi,

I'm a singaporean, planning to register my marriage in Thailand. My wife to be a thai nationality. Any bro know whats' are the procedure and papers i need to prepare in singapore to bring over.

Offline gaiden

• Gay Flower Boy
  • Gong Tao Karma +3/-0
Re: Advice for marriage in thailand
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 11:46:56 PM »
My recommendation is to register your marriage in Singapore as there are many steps to be done if register in Thailand but anyway I went through the process as well. Hope it can help you but note that information I got was almost 2 years ago.

n order for Singaporeans to register a marriage in Thailand, you would first need to execute an affidavit at Singapore Embassy in Bangkok. Please refer to the attached list of supporting documents required for executing the affidavit (see attachment "Notice of Marriage").
Note: Letter from MOM is only applicable if your partner is a Thai National. This form you need to get it from MOM.

You can apply for the Certificate of Clearance (COC) directly with CID in Singapore. If you are applying it from Thailand, you can have your fingerprint impressions taken at the Police Clearance Service Centre located at Building 24, Royal Thai Police HQ, Rama 1, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330 (tel: 02 205 2168), email: pcsc@police.go.th. For information on application for COC, pls refer to www.spf.gov.sg/epc/cert_issued.htm. It is indicated in the website that you can submit mailed application to SPF.
(See attachment "fingerprint form for male")

For information on application for ROM search result, pls refer to www.rom.gov.sg -> "Services" ->Search for Marriage Records" (do not select free search for marriage records as we need to have the search result in ROM's original letterhead). If you are based in overseas, ROM has indicated that you can submit online application for the search request and they will post the result to your overseas address as per your online instructions.

After you have obtained all the required documents, both you and your partner will need to bring them to the Embassy to execute an affidavit. Both of you must bring along your passports and identification cards. The affidavit can be processed on the same day. The fee for the affidavit is 100 Baht.

After you have obtained the affidavit from the Embassy, you will need to get it translated to Thai and send it to Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs for endorsement which may take 2 working days to complete. They do have express service for a surcharge.

Thereafter, you can register your marriage at any District Office (DO) of your choice. There is no fee involved when registering marriage at the DO.

The Thai marriage certificate is recognised by Singapore authorities after you legalise it. The legalisation steps are as follows:
If you are in Singapore
(1) Translate the Marriage Certificate to English by any competent translation (his name, i/d card number endorsed on the translation);
(2) Approach Thai Embassy in Singapore for endorsement to certify that the translation is accurate;

If you are in Bangkok
(1) Translate your Thai marriage certificate to English by any competent translator (his name, i/d card number endorsed on the translation);
(2) Bring the original Thai marriage certificate, its translation and copy of your passport (bring original as well)  to Dept of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs is at 123 Chaengwattana Road, Laksi, Bangkok 10210 (Tel: 02-5751057 to 1059) for endorsement that the translation is accurate. You can get someone else to do this on your behalf but you need to issue a letter of authorisation to your proxy. The processing time is 2 days (fee is 400 Baht).  They do have "Express Service" as well, the processing time is about 2 hours and the fee is 800 Baht.
(3) Bring the items in (b) to Singapore Embassy for endorsement that the signature of the Thai MFA official is authentic (fee payable is 360 Baht). If you need certified true copies of the document, it is at 60 Baht per set.

Offline tommy838

• Thai Disco Monk
  • Gong Tao Karma +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 05:05:04 AM »
Hi, Galden!

Thanks for ur great info.  Seem like need to prepare many documents before heading to bkk for register.

So i need those documents before heading to bkk :

1) get affidavit in singapore in bangkok embassy,
2) apply for the certificate of clearance from SPF,
3) request a letter from ROM stated i'm single,
4) So for the MOM letter also need to get? cause she never work in singapore before.
5) Get all the documents translate into thai.

Thats all right?

SingThaiDisco_V2

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 05:05:04 AM »

Offline 2017

• STD
  • Chief Gong Tao Counsellor
  • Gong Tao Karma +1167/-1000
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 03:27:38 AM »
GTK to bro Gaiden for the info!! This will come in useful for everyone.

Offline gaiden

• Gay Flower Boy
  • Gong Tao Karma +3/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 04:24:59 AM »
Hi, Galden!

Thanks for ur great info.  Seem like need to prepare many documents before heading to bkk for register.

So i need those documents before heading to bkk :

1) get affidavit in singapore in bangkok embassy,
2) apply for the certificate of clearance from SPF,
3) request a letter from ROM stated i'm single,
4) So for the MOM letter also need to get? cause she never work in singapore before.
5) Get all the documents translate into thai.

Thats all right?

Hi tommy838,

Following steps to do in Singapore:

1) apply for the certificate of clearance from SPF.
2) request a letter from ROM stating you are not married.
3) MOM letter even though she has not worked in Singapore before.
4) with all these documents, you go to Singapore embassy in Thailand to get affidavit.
5) Translate the affidavit into thai and send to thai ministry of foreign affairs for endorsement.
6) once endorsed you can go to any DO in Thailand to register your marriage.

Enjoy the process lol

Offline gaiden

• Gay Flower Boy
  • Gong Tao Karma +3/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 04:26:19 AM »
GTK to bro Gaiden for the info!! This will come in useful for everyone.

you are welcome admin xposed :)

SingThaiDisco_V2

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 04:26:19 AM »
MYR1 = THB | SGD1 = THB | USD1 = THB
Currency data courtesy coinmill.com

Namecheap.com

180K pageviews a month. Email us > admin at singthaidisco dot com.

Siam Religious Banner