Supreme KTV, Far East Shopping Centre Ken WeChat Banner SingThai Line Stickers, Tryst Teerak, Club Tryst, Teerak
Uber, Grabtaxi, Singapore SingThai Shirt, Rubba, I feel like pablo, kanye west, yeezy

OUR MOTTO & DISCLAIMER: ONE MAN'S PRATA, IS ANOTHER MAN'S PIZZA.

ONE MAN'S MEAT, IS ANOTHER MAN'S POISON.

January 21, 2018, 01:11:57 PM

Author Topic: History of Thai Discos  (Read 13622 times)

Offline Vinchaiwut

• Horny Housefly
  • Gong Tao Karma +20/-6
Re: History of Thai Discos
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2016, 03:45:46 AM »
Well to all bros... after reading all the post brings me back to the past good memories....

I started to chiong in the earlies 1998-1999, mostly orchard tower Top 10 , Ipanema and some KTVs. Then in year 1999 I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to go to bkk to work and stationed there.
The so called Gclub that everyone was talking in forum actually exist as early as that time. I remembered the club I went when I was there was club 20, Carribean and The resort. Resort was actually there since then.

It was my 1st time expose to such joint, An eye opener for me when I saw the locals actually hang monies in thai baht of 1000baht staple together and hang for the coyotees. I supposed 10000baht. It is similar to the flowers we see now a days but it is in cash form. Not only that also LDs were selling too, F16 , Volcano and etc.

Very interesting for me because I did not encounter all this in singapore before I for Bangkok. On the very 1st year in 2000 when I travel back to Sinagpore for a break. I noticed TD1 exist and it is the 1st thai disco in Sinagpore. They tried to replicate the same concept like bangkok club at that time to Singaporeans. But of course it was new to us, So hanging of cash in Singapore was not really welcome by us. Instead they use flower to take over. During that time, only the thais visit TD1 and some uncles like some of the bros mentioned in the previous post. Flower were at $2 and there were not many so call coyotees like now. Aunties can be seen hanging out with the uncles and the thai construction worker...haha

Eventually this TD trends become very popular down the roads and they slowly influence and invaded Singapore. I travelled back 2 times a year from Bangkok to Singapore at that time and I slowly seeing the rise of TD joint in Sinagpore. Now TDs not only every where in Asia and it has become a proffesional job for the Thai ladies now.

"Namo Tassa Phakhawato Arahato Samma Sambudh Tassa"  X 3 times

Offline Wind in my breath

• THAI LANGUAGE TEACHER
  • Gong Tao No More!
  • Gong Tao Karma +72/-5
  • Thai language noob
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2016, 09:25:56 AM »
Thanks for the information, Bro Vinchaiwut. +gtk :) Now, the music joints in Bangkok do not have flowers anymore, and only our local Sgp joints have. Money all flow down the drain when the TGs come over. I prefer to stay at home nowadays. ;D
Not interested in TDs. Do not jio.

Offline Araso

• Drunk Flower Boy
  • Gong Tao Karma +8/-0
  • I like being bad and going home and being good.
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2016, 08:36:47 AM »
Thanks for the information, Bro Vinchaiwut. +gtk :) Now, the music joints in Bangkok do not have flowers anymore, and only our local Sgp joints have. Money all flow down the drain when the TGs come over. I prefer to stay at home nowadays. ;D

Our dollar is flowing out of our economy and into the land of  :-* !
You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one.

SingThaiDisco_V2

« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2016, 08:36:47 AM »

Offline xenodemon

• GT GT Baby Baby Baby
  • Gong Tao Karma +311/-168
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2016, 09:04:52 AM »
When did the viet 1st started in the TD scene? mid of 2013 or beginning 2014?
The procedure is the same: sawa dee krup, what your name? Play game, buy LD, flirt, exchange number and then.......!

An education hub and community for blogshop entrepreneur. LIKE US at:
https://www.facebook.com/BlogshopAsia

Our website: http://www.blogshopasia.com

Offline 2017

• STD
  • Chief Gong Tao Counsellor
  • Gong Tao Karma +1167/-1000
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2016, 09:09:24 AM »
When did the viet 1st started in the TD scene? mid of 2013 or beginning 2014?

I thought all along they in the scene? The viet appear before the Thais right? Joo chiat and all.

Offline Wind in my breath

• THAI LANGUAGE TEACHER
  • Gong Tao No More!
  • Gong Tao Karma +72/-5
  • Thai language noob
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2016, 10:07:27 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, the original TDs have no VGs, TWGs, KGs etc. Those TDs started off as having only TGs. But of course I might be wrong. ;D

VGs usually dominate the KTVs in the earlier days and not forgetting Viet pubs too. Till now, I hardly see VGs in TDs except Viet singers. Probably I'm too engrossed with other offerings. Lol!
Not interested in TDs. Do not jio.

SingThaiDisco_V2

« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2016, 10:07:27 AM »
MYR1 = THB | SGD1 = THB | USD1 = THB
Currency data courtesy coinmill.com

Namecheap.com

180K pageviews a month. Email us > admin at singthaidisco dot com.

Siam Religious Banner